Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Happy 9th Bday, Brenna!

Happy 9th Birthday, Brenna!

I'm feeling good about this birthday.   You grew up a lot this year and seem to be much more independent than ever before.

You had a great year in Mrs. Wilson's 2nd Grade class.  Math became one of your favorite subjects and you continue to do very well in school.  This was definitely the year of Harry Potter!  You are on book #6 and I can't believe  you are still going. One funny (ish) thing that happened this year was that a boy in your class kept giving you book spoilers and omg, did that infuriate you!!!  This is the year where boys either really irritated you or gave you googly eyes depending on the boy.  I told you to stop talking about it with him but that didn't work.  One day you came home in tears begging me to email his mom because "He did it again and this time he tricked me!  He asked me who my favorite character was and I said "Hermoine" and then I asked him who his favorite character was and he said ____ but he dies in the next book!"   Oh boy, I heard about that one for a long time around here...





You still love musical theater and got to participate in 2 shows this year.  The first one was Wizard of Oz where you played the Coroner munchkin.  "As Coroner, I must aver, I thoroughly examined her.  And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead!" 



You followed that up with Grease where you were in the ensemble, specifically one of the cute little beauty school drop out angels. I really love watching you perform.  It's one of my most favorite things.





 And you did a beautiful job at your voice recital this year singing one of my most favorite songs ever, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."



You and I still butt heads from time to time and there's no one that challenges my patience more than you but overall you have really grown up and matured this year.  Bedtime is still a challenge because you just can't get your brain to shut down.  You're always thinking about what's next....


 And here's you hamming around on the first day of 3rd Grade.  Lily had a rough first few days because she missed you and you were very patient with her and did your best to comfort her. You are her most favorite person in the whole world.  I think that's why she had a hard time the first few days of school...she somehow thought you all would be together or see each other more. 


I love you. Brenna.  I love your little big brain and how it is constantly working and trying to get bigger and better.  I love your heart how you genuinely hurt if you see someone else hurting.  I love how you challenge yourself to try new things and go for what you want.  I'll always be your biggest fan!  xoxo  mom

And for kicks, a few more of my favorite of your performances from this year.  :-)



1 comment:

  1. Can there be a tie for biggest Fan? If so, count me in. Love You, Brenna from your Grammy.

    ReplyDelete